About Me

Hi :) I'm Charlotte! Im 18! Just like any other teenager in the world but everyday I live with Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Polyarticular Rheumatoid Factor Positive. Its not the same as 'old people arthritis'. Its a serious chronic auto-immune disease and attacks the internal organs and eyes aswell as the joints and there is no cure. This is just my blog where I like to write about daily battle with pain, fatigue and other challenges I face. Take a look around, theres plenty of posts, photos and videos, help me raise awareness and enjoy my journey!
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle..."

Monday, 26 August 2013

guess whose back..

Since I wrote that last post people have told me it was the wrong thing to do and to carry on... well I feel i'm ready to write again.

I don't know where to begin. What's happened since?

Well I've graduated from college! Achieving the highest grades possible! So I now have a triple Distinction* in Forensic Science! Come at me CSI. Jokes I wanna go in to the funeral business and embalm people cause I'm super weird.

My Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Psoriasis and Raynauds is fab incase you were wondering. We're doing just fine, we're like a little family, all working together to put my body through extreme pain and fatigue and other crap making it fight like there's no tomorrow. I'm actually so done with fighting when it comes round to a zombie apocalypse I wont bother fighting and running, i'll finish my last bag of pasta and let the zombs eat me.

On a serious note, my bones and joints are all good, I had xrays and they came back normal! Apparently the only thing stopping them from getting damaged are my Anti-TNF injections so I have to stay on them :( I've just changed Methotrexate injections where I make it myself, they're icky and make me feel icky also.

I've stopped being so tearful and anxious which is just brill, being a soppy twat is not fun. AND AND AND I went to Amsterdam this summer with the boyfriend! We've been together a whole year now, that's pretty cool really, considering he hates injections and i'm always too tired to go out - I must be a very strange girlfriend to have! Bravo Ryan well done. Also Amsterdam was soo good! Went to Anne Frank, deffo recommend! Not so much Van Gogh.. Also I did try marijuana.. I heard it helps ease pain - lets just say that was an experience..one I wish Ryan hadn't filmed! It was a tiring holiday but luckily he loves to nap as much as I need to! Brill holiday!

Doc says to try my nortripteline and if it don't work, I have to go on gabapentin or something like that?! She says the side effects are eewy though so we'll see :( She also found some antibodies in my body..quite a lot of them..that are associated with rheumatoid arthritis and in about 8% cases of psoriasis.. I don't really know why i'm writing all that cause I don't really understand it.

I got a parking ticket the other day, for parking in shopmobility instead of disabled... it had a disabled badge sign! note to self: read the signs more carefully. bye bye £35... who would put a ticket on a disabled persons car.. harsh..heartless soul!

Anyway you remember that project I did with youthhealth talk? yeh here it is... browse through it all, im in there somewhere so are my parents, i'm looking reallllly fat! It was the steroids :(
http://www.youthhealthtalk.org/young_people_with_arthritis/


write soon, hopefully.

love C xox

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I am currently in my second year of Sixth Form and studying design. The product I am aiming to make as part of my final project is an accessory that could be attached to the fret board on a (half size) guitar in order to make it easier for children with rheumatoid arthritis to hold the strings and learn the chords, hopefully with minimal hand and finger movement.
    I came across your blog throughout the research stages of my coursework and your opinion would be very helpful towards my work.
    I was wondering if you have any ideas towards my product, how it could work, or any things I should take into consideration when designing a product for children with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.

    Many Thanks,
    Emma McBride

    -If you could respond via 12mcbridee@stdoms.ac.uk I would be grateful!x

    ReplyDelete