About Me

Hi :) I'm Charlotte! Im 18! Just like any other teenager in the world but everyday I live with Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Polyarticular Rheumatoid Factor Positive. Its not the same as 'old people arthritis'. Its a serious chronic auto-immune disease and attacks the internal organs and eyes aswell as the joints and there is no cure. This is just my blog where I like to write about daily battle with pain, fatigue and other challenges I face. Take a look around, theres plenty of posts, photos and videos, help me raise awareness and enjoy my journey!
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle..."

Wednesday, 9 October 2013

National Arthritis Week

So this week, 7-13th October 2013 is NATIONAL ARTHRITIS WEEK. And this time round its all about 'making a pledge', so I've pledged this blog post to it! what are you going to pledge?

Arthritis Research UK sent me this questionnaire to do, so you can understand my arthritis better. So here goes..

10 things you may not know about my arthritis
 
1.         The condition I live with is called: Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Polyarticular Rheumatoid Factor Positive
 
2.         I was diagnosed aged: 16 years old!
 
3.         How my condition most affects my day to day life: Constant pain, major fatigue! I find it very hard to carry out daily tasks that most people take for granted! I also find it hard to function in the morning - my joints are very stiff!
 
4.         A new hobby / interest I’ve taken up since my diagnosis: BLOGGING!
 
5.         What living with arthritis has taught me: That hospital food is definitely horrible and to always smuggle in a dominoes pizza!
 
6.         My advice for other people living with my condition: Don't bottle things up! Always talk to people, don't push yourself - learn your new limits!
 
7.         A gadget I couldn’t live without: my mummy! :)
 
8.         What gets me through a tough day: my mum! a rant and a good cuddle!
 
9.         How my friends and family help me: I have a very good supportive network around me! My family and friends are so great, they always help me when I cant do something and always encouraging me!
 
10.       This National Arthritis Week I’d like to say thank you to: My family, friends, health care professionals that have helped me and my READERS :)
 
 
So now, its your turn to pledge something this National Arthritis Week!
 
Love C xox

4 comments:

  1. Ayurveda treatment for Arthritis affects the musculoskeletal system, specifically the joints.Ayurveda treatment forArthritis is the main cause of disability among people over fifty-five years of age in industrialized countries.The word Arthritis comes from the Greek arthron meaning "joint" and the Latin itis meaning "inflammation". The plural of Ayurveda treatment for Arthritis is arthritides.There are over 100 types of Ayurveda treatment for Arthritis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Charlotte,
    I don't know if I am doing this right I don't have a BlogSpot or anything but I'm going to try to contact you. My name is Kaitlyn and I was diagnosed with Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis when I was eleven but was living with it undiagnosed before that since I was nine. I am fifteen now and I have good days and bad days. On one of the bad days I felt really really alone so I went online to find charities or things to show myself that I am not alone. Because no one is ever really alone. But I found a few people, you being one of them with my condition, and that made me feel less alone. So I am on a mission to find a way to contact people with my condition to speak with them because in real life I've never met anyone with arthritis my age. If you receive this message if you can spare a minute, only if you want, to speak with me through this email: katebugster@gmail.com
    If you don't that is okay I just need someone to talk to. I have suffered from depression from the arthritis and I am terrified that'll I will become depressed again because of this feeling of being alone. I hope you receive this message sorry if I've pestered you

    Best Wishes,
    Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being diagnosed with that kind of condition at a very young age must be hard to deal with. But seeing how optimistic you are despite this, I wouldn't be surprised if you have more accomplishments in life. It only means that you don’t let anything stand in your way. Keep on believing, Charlotte!

    Tim @a1ability.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ayurveda Kerala and Kerala Ayurveda are the main phrases used in the aryuveda kerala is the land of aryuveda services . nilayoram is one of the best ayuvedic resort they offer echo friendly atmosphere . Treatments are based on the traditional way, Ayurveda panchakarma is the main treatment

    ReplyDelete